Competitive Salary (DOE)
25 days ago
Operation and Maintenance - Wind Turbine Engineer
My client is seeking for an experienced wind turbine engineer to deliver the company's fleet of wind turbine assets to a high standard. To ensure that all assigned service trucks are well stocked, well-organized, and in good repair. This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to have shared responsibilities and work as a team.
- Responsible for technical and maintenance operation. Performing statutory inspections, preventative, corrective, and fault-finding maintenance on all types of wind turbines at any wind farm location
- Ensure good quality of work, raising any recurrent deficiencies to line management, the Technical Trainer or Technical Engineers, as appropriate.
- Ensure safety and welfare within the team, always ensuring adherence to Ecotricity’s safety procedures and wind turbine safety rules
- Attending team, handover, company meetings and HR, health and safety workshop when required by my client
- Responsible for positive engagement and ownership with respect to continuous improvements initiatives
- Responsible for overtime request and ensure adequate justification. Ensure effective and efficient working.
- Compile all documentation. Ensure accurate rand comprehensive reports on all preventive and corrective maintenance. Ensure communication.
- Responsible for assisting the technical trainer in the refinement of the in-house training plan as required and directed. Ensure innovation and improvement
- Holds at least 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (including Mathematics & English).
- Holds NVQ Level 3 In Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or relevant experience.
- Holds in-date GWO courses (Working at Height, Manual Handling, Fire Awareness, First Aid) and wind turbine medical.
- A good level of computer literacy in excel, word and other MS Office packages (or equivalent).
- Strong communication skills, particularly verbal communication and at all levels.
- Good time management & personal organisational skills.
- Ability to carry out work to a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to produce accurate and comprehensive reports on all preventative and corrective maintenance tasks attended.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines without compromising safety or quality.
- Ability to work independently with remote management and take responsibility for project delivery.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload effectively.
- Ability to both lead and work as part of small team out on site or as part of a larger team.