New York City
6 months ago
A Renewable Solar Technician is tasked with the service and maintenance responsibilities of a solar or energy storage facility. The technician must be competent and qualified to work on all aspects of the electrical, mechanical, and civil components.
- Experienced Renewable Solar Technician looking to advance their careers into a management position.
- Renewable Solar Technicians with experience in the electrical industry who want to be more hands on with projects, love interesting and challenging projects.
- Renewable Solar Technicians who have reached a ceiling and want a path to further career advancement.
- Diverse and exciting industrial customer base
- 40 hours mins.
- Continuous training and skills improvement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages plus incentive plan
- Flexible Work Hours
- Overtime opportunity
- 3 weeks starting vacation
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- All tooling provided
- Excellent benefit package
- 401k matching
- Employee Share Ownership Program
- Company vehicle provided
- ….and much more
- Ownership/accountability of sites
- Keep the sites looking clean and tidy – buildings, vegetation, fences, gates, roads, etc.
- Ensure spare parts inventory is organized and clean
- Adhere to all site health and safety policies including signs, PPE, and documentation
- Detailed understanding of the technical aspects
- Energization/de-energization procedures
- Lock-out, tag out plans
- Understanding and access to latest drawings
- Support troubleshooting on all equipment and push to maximize performance/production
- Preventive maintenance activities
- Inspections completed in a professional manner with a focus on H&S and maximizing system production
- Follow OEM specific maintenance requirements in addition to company standards and industry best practices i.e. NETA MTS, CSA Z463, etc.
- Reporting to be comprehensive including photos and detailed descriptions of issues found and corrective measures taken
The Requirements :
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post secondary education with an electrical or mechanical base is an asset
- ABET/EAC certification will be considered an asset
- Provincial certified journeyman license
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 34kg (75lb)
- Work may take place on ladders, platforms, and cramped spaces with constant standing and kneeling. Proper ergonomics as well as hand and body dexterity must be applied when working under these conditions
- Use of all necessary PPE; hard hat, safety glasses, green tag safety boots, Cal rated gear, lifeline and harness, and hearing protection when needed.
- Technicians work indoors and outdoors, in businesses, schools, institutions, factories, and construction sites. There may be extremes in temperatures when working, both cold and hot.
- Able to determine color code
Compensation based on experience