Up to £55,000 + bonus
5 months ago
An establish but truly innovative organization which has always led the way in tackling the challenge of climate change. This organization is an institution in the sector and provides stability but actively invests in letting its staff members grow.
The Business Development Manager will be a full time member of UK&I Business Development team and will work closely with each of the business leads on the securing of new contracts within the UK &I across all of our key technologies (wind, solar and battery storage): Development Services, Construction services, Asset Management, O&M and other specialist services.
The role will have a focus on Asset Management / O&M opportunities.
As a Business Development Manager for you will:
- Support the business leads in the development of the marketing and business development plans;
- Plan and deliver a programme of business development activity to meet targets;
- Develop and maintain client relationships including preparing and delivering presentations to clients and identifying and generating opportunities to submit bids;
- Lead the preparation of bids and tenders or support others and manage relevant opportunities through to contract signature/handover;
- Support the preparation of the cost calculation including developing an appropriate pricing strategy;
- Be responsible for gaining the relevant business approval prior to preparing and submitting bids;
- Participate in contract negotiations within the agreed business approval levels;
- Correctly record and track opportunities, customer interactions and project data within the CRM system;
- Support procurement activities for downstream contracts by providing detailed specification and pricing structure and liaising with the procurement team;
- Evaluate technical capabilities and H&S record of relevant contractors;
- Identify partnering and acquisition opportunities; and
- Help to develop a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of customer and internal feedback and drawing conclusions for the business development strategy.
Alongside the key accountabilities, the role will also require:
- Travel within UK and Europe; and
- Attendance at key and relevant conferences including presenting at public events to enhance visibility in the market.
Knowledge / Skills
- Knowledge of the UK wind/solar/storage renewable energy sectors, in particular O&M clients, competitors and contractors;
- Knowledge of tendering and business development process typically used for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Knowledge of the principles of key account management; and
- Knowledge of key contractual terms in relation to O&M such as performance warranties.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly for leading virtual teams drawn from across to develop tenders and for representing our credibly and presenting our services clearly and positively in face-to-face meetings, presentations and written proposals with clients, contractors and other stakeholders;
- Strong numerical analysis skills required for developing cost models to for delivering technical services (such as asset management and O&M) under long term contracts;
- Strong research and strategic analysis;
- Good organisational skills to meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous tenders and other business development activities; and
- Strong ability to use Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and Salesforce systems.
- Extensive experience in preparing proposals and tenders;
- Some experience in planning and delivering business development activities (with clients and contractors) for selling services in a B2B environment;
- Experience of working within the UK (wind/solar/storage) renewable energy sectors
- A degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a relevant business development activity may be sufficient; and
- Hold a UK driving licence.