£25- £35,000 dependent on experience
about 1 year ago
A leading multinational renewable energy company with offices on 4 different continents. They are a global leader in asset management and have a stellar record of training industry leaders.
There are multiple roles available at different levels of seniority for fresh masters graduates with renewable energy background or professionals with a few years experience in O&M.
As Operations Project Manager the candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all site activities related to their designated projects are carried out in line with the business group OM guidelines and requirements covering health, safety and environment and CDM Regulations, as well as any ISO Accreditations that the company holds from time to time.
The role will suit a candidate who is a good communicator, highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to multi-task effectively.
- Manage a portfolio of solar plants, ensuring that all O&M works are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope, efficiently and effectively
- Be the first point of contact for clients, organising regular update calls and producing monthly reports
- Use monitoring software to monitor the sites on a daily basis and organise appropriate responses to site and system issues which may arise from the monitoring platform
- Manage (open/close/update) fault tickets, keeping to contractual obligations and response times.
- Liaise with in-house LV and HV teams, subcontractors and third parties, and manage the work calendar, ensuring the teams are briefed in a concise, accurate manner
- Ensure works are organised to maximise performance and safe operation of the plant;
- Implement good H&S best practices, including chasing RAMS, raising Work Orders and arranging Site Inductions, and ensure that all activities are carried out under the approved UK HSE system and/or in compliance with other industry rules and regulations, including CDM Regulations.
- Assist with other daily O&M requirements and admin activities.
- Help with the development of company processes
Experience and Skills
- University degree, preferably in a technical or environmental discipline
- Proven track record in Project Management of operational solar plants
- Working knowledge of project planning processes and able to multi task effectively
- Able to remain composed and professional under pressure, keeping a positive outlook
- Driven and able to take initiative, utilising time efficiently in order to meet deadlines effectively
- Excellent attention to detail with an emphasis on safety
- Logical thinker and clear communicator, with solid interpersonal skills
- Has the aptitude to identify methods for improving own activities and processes in use within the customer service team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good IT skills in word/excel
- Background in Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering/Electronics
- Background working with institutional investors
- An understanding of health and safety regulations and CDM
- Knowledge of High Voltage systems