4 months ago
TGRC is representing an energy infrastructure company focused on the development, construction, and operation of energy storage assets in wholesale electricity markets. The team has a long history of successful ventures in the power industry and commenced development of both its project pipeline and proprietary software technology being partnered with a leading private equity firm to roll out its project portfolio.
The Operations Site Manager is responsible for coordinating all project operations and maintenance activities. The activities will interface with Market Operations, Asset Management, and Engineering teams internally to align the commercial and operational activities of a growing fleet of energy storage assets with financial objectives, contract obligations, technical parameters and compliance requirements. The successful candidate will play a critical role for a company that is at the leading edge of energy storage deployment in wholesale markets. This individual is expected to apply ‘best-in-class’ principles and processes to advance the company's platform.
- Responsible for coordination of operations engineering performance tracking, maintenance and repair, control systems, safety, connectivity, vendor management, warranty claims, etc. and interface with Asset Management team with up-to-date facility information.
- Responsible for coordination of unscheduled repairs and scheduled maintenance activities of sites with third party service providers such as 24/7 monitoring services, Qualified Scheduling Entities, Market Operations and Asset Management teams.
- Management of warranty compliance including testing, submission of claims, implementation, and documentation of warranty matters.
- Interface with the corporate Controller responsible for budgeting, accounting and reporting processes and oversight of operating facilities.
- Maintain and distribute reports/dashboards tracking critical fleet and related key operational data, electrical availability, operating costs, long term maintenance, etc.
- Maintain records and procedures to ensure fleet compliance with grid operators or regulatory agencies including FERC, EPA, ERCOT and others.
- Maintain and update site operational documentation while promoting a culture of safety, security, reliability, and compliance within the site operations team.
- Actively contribute to process improvements, tool enhancements, and general team operations.
- Perform local first responder trainings for appropriate energy storage assets.
- Assist in managing NERC compliance and reporting activities.
- 3+ years power or utility experience with operation of medium and high voltage systems and at least 5 years direct experience in operations of wholesale power assets.
- Ability to work with within a team on a 24/7/365 operating timeframe.
- Strong background in safety, organization, process controls, documentation, and reliability.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with energy storage technologies and deployments.