about 3 years ago
Our client is the UK’s leading Solar PV Operations and Maintenance provider.
Due to significant growth in our Operations & Maintenance contracts, they are seeking an additional Approved Electrician in the Bristol area. You will be responsible for the coordination of all reactive and planned maintenance at utility scale PV Plants (50MW+).
You should be qualified to NVQ 3 / C&G or equivalent. Experience of working on ground mounted solar PV systems would be a significant advantage, but our client is happy to consider experienced commercial/industrial Electricians wishing to enter this industry.
You will be responsible for maintaining, inspecting and testing solar PV systems to assess and rectify performance issues, all whist adhering to BS7671. Corrective maintenance will include the replacement of key components including inverters, modules, strings and meters in addition to undertaking scheduled maintenance across the sites. Maintaining and operating security, CCTV, monitoring and communication systems will also be a key part of the role. Applicants must be IT literate.
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of solar PV Assets
- Provide excellent technical and practical knowledge of operations and maintenance
- Draft Technical and Non-technical reports
- Deliver quality control and inspection
- Liaise with 3rd party contractors
- Carry out testing on both AC & DC
- Carry out HV duties in line with company policy
- Be responsible for the wellbeing of the allotted solar portfolio
- Monitor and react to issues
- Be responsible for the PR and Availability
- Reporting to the Plant Manager
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven track record of engineering across a large O&M Portfolio
- Excellent technical and practical knowledge of technical and engineering methods within the renewables sector
- Promote safe procedures
- BSE7671 wiring Regulations 17th edition
- Test and Inspection
- Excellent communication skills
- Hold a valid UK drivers licence
- Ability to work with people of various disciplines and levels within the organisation