about 2 years ago
My client is the operations and management company for a large fleet of onshore wind turbines located throughout the UK and operated through several subsidiary companies. They are looking for a dynamic individual to join their small team.
Full time position; normal working hours (with some out-of-hours remote turbine checking); location: primarily Surrey office-based, with willingness to be onsite with the turbines.
Operations and process management
- Day-to-day review of turbine operations and coordination of O&M providers (one of which is a sister company)
- Research and put forward opportunities to grow the company
- Analysis of turbine performance over time and provision of solutions to rectify issues with a cost effective solutions or to improve output
- Assist in process management, help create better processes and systems to manage operational fleet of turbines
- Liaison with landowners
- Improve and grow database to provide management tool of analysing operational and financial turbine performance over time
- Monthly management reports on the operational performance of the turbine fleet set against a suite of metrics
- Budgeting and analysis of turbine profitability and satisfaction of banking covenants
- Meter data monitoring and recording (import, export, generation and turbine meter) including following up on error reporting
- Analyse and minimise local council business rates as well as liaise with local councils
- Preparation and analysis of insurance terms to comply with lease terms and other obligations of the company; file claims and follow through to settlement
- Review and coordinate all operating contracts (eg PPAs, O&M)
- Adhoc projects, eg review DNO kVa Export and Import costings
- Site maintenance review and coordination as required
- Quarter and year end adhoc assistance
- Liaise with councils on planning issues, follow up with consultants
- Ofgem monthly submissions and certificates
- Coordinate and maintain site access arrangements and Health & Safety logs
The candidate will have renewables experience, need to be a self-starter, highly-organised and able to use spreadsheets as well as have a knowledge of database management and set up.