about 1 year ago
We are searching for an on-site Mechanical Engineer to work on our huge 400MW project in the Egyptian desert, near Aswan. We are representing a world-leading Solar IPP in their recruitment who search for a registered engineer who will hold the following responsibilities & experiences:
- Reviews engineering documentation from contractors. Approves specifications and datasheets related to the materials and components selected by the Contractor.
- Supervises the correct handling and installation of all materials during receipt, loading to installation position and during installation.
- Inspects the physical works carried out by contractors to ensure quality and accuracy of all construction.
- Ensures the requirements of contract and engineering documentation are carried through to construction.
- Ensures lock-out and permitting procedures are followed when working with electrical systems.
- Provides safety supervision at the site, reviewing Contractor method statements and procedures.
- Is the person who ensures nuts are tightened, construction is according to drawings, and that damages, errors and reworks are minimised
- Reports to Construction Manager
- Fluent in English and Arabic, written and oral
- 10+ years in similar roles. Preferably working on complex plant build projects. Has a technical background.
- PV plant tracker installation is preferrd / advantageous