Up to £40,000
7 months ago
An innovate energy storage company that has established itself over the last 6 years. A well-funded company with an original take on technology, design and customer interaction. They are set to make significant waves in the energy industry and play a significant role in helping shape a new landscape in the energy industry.
In an industry set to be worth $20 billion by 2020, the company has successfully deployed a large fleet of their batteries and are on the precipice of taking a leading position in the rapidly growing energy storage industry.
As a mechanical design engineer, you will work as part of a multi-disciplined group, lead the design of containerised systems and mechanical assemblies for energy storage solutions. You will be expected to model assemblies, draught schematics and single line drawings and have the ability to create technical illustrations and 3D conceptual models.
While the work will vary according to the project, you'll typically need to:
- Construct from rough sketches and specifications created by the technical and sales team
- Produce documentation and liaise with external suppliers, assemblers and manufacturers to ensure these designs are translated into high quality manufactured assemblies
- Provide technical expertise and support during manufacturing (FAT) and installation (SAT) of units
- Construct detailed 3D models and have the ability to incorporate and manipulate third party CAD assemblies
- Construction of Bill of Material using the schematics drawn and other sources of reference
- Knowledge of construction techniques to add details to electro-mechanical plans
- Specify dimensions, materials and manufacturing procedures for new products
- Sketch up various design concepts to assist the technical, product and sales team
- Produce product documentation for internal and external use, as well as technical reports
- Coordinate with other departments involved in the project, specially the technical te
Specific Skills Requirements:
You'll need to demonstrate:
- 3D modelling (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks)
- Working knowledge of machine design, ideally gained through hands on experience during your career
- Experience of mechanical manufacturing processes such as laser cutting, machining, folding, and welding.
- Capability to modify electrical schematics, layouts and single line diagrams using appropriate
- CAD packages (AutoCAD Electrical or similar)
- The ability to interpret a design brief and converse with mechanical component suppliers
- regarding component selection and specification
- A working knowledge of cable routing, cable management and busbar distribution systems.
- Experience creating technical content documentation
- Self-motivation and capability of delivering work tasks without a high dependency of additional resources
- Good verbal and written interaction with existing design team members and suppliers
- Experience in design for manufacture
- Competence in LV design between 240V and 1000V AC 3 Phase
- An analytical and problem-solving approach to work
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team, committed to continuing professional development
- An ability to multitask
Potential complimentary career backgrounds:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Electrical Machine Designer
- Design Draughtsman
- Design Engineer
- CAD Technician
- Electrical panel design and manufacturer