about 1 month ago
Our client is in search of a Materials Planning Specialist, responsible for raw material planning & procurement, creation & maintenance of Supply Chain related master data and acts as the plant metals hedging operator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
▪ Raw Material Planning & Procurement
- Establish raw material requirements per the production plan and plant inventory strategy: analyze requirement, define quantity and delivery schedule.
- Communicates regularly with raw material suppliers & issues requirements via purchase order delivery schedules/call-offs.
- Forecasts general demand to suppliers & purchasing on routine intervals.
- Support plant mid/long term forecasting of raw material requirements for budget planning by finance and commercial negotiations by purchasing.
- Maintains inventory levels to meet plant inventory targets-value and coverage days.
- Establishes and updates safety stock/safety days of inventory.
- Monitors and controls premium freight cost for raw material.
- Conducts feasibility check for material requirements to identify potential impacts of proposed engineering and/or schedule changes.
- Takes necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of engineering and/or schedule changes.
- Monitors open purchase orders to ensure on time delivery by suppliers and closes any partial orders left open by delivery tolerance.
- Ensures SAP is updated to reflect accurate delivery dates/supplier confirmations.
▪ SAP and master data
- Creates new Supply Chain related raw material master data for projects.
- Maintains materials planning parameters per established ERP/MRP procedures to ensure proper order generation.
- Key SAP user-provide 1st level support to supply chain and production for MM related issues.
▪ Metals Hedging Operator
- Responsible for metals hedging and risk monitoring for the plant.
- Obtains quotations as needed for sales/purchasing teams.
- Monitors the plant’s core exposure (COREX) metal inventory.
- Maintains the plant’s hedging management tool - Daily T reports for Copper, Aluminum and Lead.
- Supports month-end reconciliation of Daily T and P&L metal report.
- Promotes and conducts training of Metals Risk Management to local stakeholders.
- Supports Metals Risk Mapping/review with Plant CFO
- Bachelors degree (B.A. or B.S.), preferably in a business or Supply Chain Management or a combination of education and 5-7 years of work-related experience equivalent to a four-year college degree.
- Proficient, analytic, persistent and organized, capable to identify and maintain priorities.
- Strong experience in SAP MM & PP modules (preferably ECC6 release).
- Good computer systems knowledge including Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Team player with ability to build lasting productive business relationships with peers.