Our Client is currently in need of a Project Scheduler. (Needs to be filled Immediately) for a 3 month contract
you will provide detailed project scheduling to include design, procurement, manufacturing, transportation and installation to support projects and upgrades. Scheduler to support project team as well as various stakeholders with time management, project controls, and updates as required.
1.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop project schedules for gas turbine, steam turbine and generator projects & upgrades.
· Combine multiple project schedules into Master Schedule. Maintain critical path, or near critical path, for all projects.
· Coordinate and support design planning with engineering. Align project schedule with engineering tasks and milestones to support project deliverables.
· Coordinate and support procurement planning with Global Sourcing. Align project schedule with sourcing tasks and milestones to support project deliverables.
· Coordinate and support manufacturing planning with Service Centers and vendors. Align project schedule with manufacturing tasks and milestones to support project deliverables.
· Coordinate and support overall schedule to align with customer tasks, deliverables and milestones.
· Coordinate and lead schedule development and status meetings.
· Support both MS Projects and Primavea project scheduling software. Work within Wind-chill to develop auto-updates.
· Report project status / progress weekly, or as needed based on Project demand. Provide daily look-aheads or two (2) week look-aheads for roadmap to stakeholders.
· Develop metrics, burn-down curves to measure health of project.
· Provide support to commercial groups for proposal development (work scope documents, Division of Responsibilities document, site walk downs, etc.);
· Develop and update summary level as well as detailed schedules;
· Identifies major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items;
· Determines reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners, teams and/or customers;
· Develops realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams;
· Assigns resources (cost, labor or equipment/material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms;
· Evaluates critical and near critical path activity sequences. Assesses actual progress based on site inspections;
· Identifies schedule changes and trends, develops earned value reports;
· Suggests corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur;
· Prepares post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports;
· Assist Operations / Service Managers in day to day operation;
· Some overnight travel (at least 20%) by land and/or air;
· Perform other such duties as may be required.
2.0 OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
· Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
· Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
· Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
· Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
· Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
3.0 KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (BA) in Engineering from four-year college or university; and at least five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Computer Skills: Minimum of five (5) years experience of scheduling using Primavera software (P6 or equivalent). Candidate must exhibit strong to excellent understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts/calculations. Have a strong to excellent understanding of earned value concepts, budgets, calculations, and rules of credit. Proficiency in Primavera and MS Projects scheduling products and report preparation skills. Knowledge of database, project management, spreadsheet and word processing software, electronic mail, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.