Up to €120,000 + bonus
2 days ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
The Energy & Climate Practice, within the consulting team, helps organisations reduce their greenhouse gas emissions worldwide through renewable energy, carbon avoidance and removal projects, and decarbonized transportation solutions. Our clients include some of the largest and most respected companies on the planet, as well as educational institutions and other non-profits.
The Manager is a vital contributor to the Strategy Division of our Energy & Climate Practice team. The position plays a critical role in supporting client engagements through the management of projects and the direct execution of client work.
Client Delivery Excellence:
- Independently lead day-to-day aspects of projects, including client interaction, content direction, and quality oversight
- Deliver outstanding quality work that consistently pushes beyond client expectations in terms of structure, content, and polish
- Scope out work streams and delegate roles and responsibilities to appropriate team members
- Able to identify and clearly articulate business outcomes to a client using the right level of detail based on data and experience
- Leads projects, builds subject matter expertise within the team and mentors consultants
- Put the overall project plan together - identifies tasks, deliverables, and resources the work based on the client’s value proposition
- Responsible for ensuring the work deliverables get done and done well, including proactive scoping of potential issues and solutions and timely delivery to meet/exceed client expectations
Business Development and Innovation:
- Lead business development opportunities, which include developing presentations, structuring proposals, and drafting pricing
- Successfully create sales tools and collateral with relevant, accurate, insightful and attractive content, including case studies and blog posts, through collaboration with the Business Partnerships and Marketing teams
- At least 4- 6 years direct work experience in corporate climate change strategy, renewable energy or related domains (e.g. domestic and international electricity markets, corporate goal-setting initiatives, GHG emissions measurement, carbon project origination, etc.).
- You have 3+ years of prior management consulting experience, including day-to-day project management and responsibility for managing 2-3 consultants towards client project outcomes
- Prior experience managing client relationships and supporting those clients’ relationships with stakeholders such as company decision-makers, vendors, technical agencies, and the public.
- Experience executing renewable energy and/or climate mitigation strategies, including tasks such as obtaining budget and decision-maker approvals, reviewing and negotiating contracts, solving problems with few resources, educating stakeholders.
- Preferred experience with corporate renewable energy procurement and with developing renewable energy and/or climate mitigation strategies for corporations, which may include onsite or offsite power purchase agreements, retail electricity supply, utility green tariffs, or other mechanisms.