about 2 months ago
Manager, Asset Storage Assets | Renewable Energy | Energy Storage | Asset Management | Battery Storage |
A leading Canadian IPP of hybrid renewables projects is looking for a Manager of Energy Storage Assets to join their dynamic team. This position involves extensive data manipulation and analytics combined with excel commercial modelling of various grid-scale BESS and Solar + Storage concerns. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and should also be comfortable in a company culture that is collegial, and team orientated.
Deal Origination Analytical support:
- Collect electricity usage data for potential clients from commercial and industrial facilities. Perform statistical and financial analyses of electricity usage data to recommend best-fit system sizing and maximize value for prospective clients and the firm itself.
- Develop proposals, presentations, and other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests from prospective clients
- Integrate detailed commercial and technical information to generate comprehensive responses to RFPs from prospective clients
Contract & Relationship Management:
- Maintain relationships and correspondence with clients and third parties regarding metering, billing, and settlements.
- Interface with engineering to evaluate potential interconnection designs. Reconcile interconnection designs with analyses of electricity usage data.
- Work closely with internal groups including legal and engineering to support business development objectives
- Participate in policy working groups and provide updates to management on policy developments. Assess how policy changes will affect the business case for energy storage and renewable energy in Ontario.
- Manage the operational interaction with the IESO of a portfolio of Ontario-based distributed energy resource assets
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Capacity Auction and Operating Reserve market rules
- Collect asset-specific information and interface with the IESO to enable participation in the Capacity Auction and Operating Reserve markets, and ensure assets are kept in good standing
- Manage the entire Capacity Auction process from enrolling capacity auction participants to submitting offers into the auction, to registering contributors to resources that have been awarded capacity, to submitting bids into the energy market
- Entering Bids and charging and discharging instructions.
- Interface with data analytics and operations to determine asset optimization and energy arbitrage opportunities
- Responding to IESO Capacity Auction Audits.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, computer science, economics or other quantitative disciplines strongly preferred.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Relevant experience with financial or other excel modelling would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with commercial and industrial facilities and their operations would be considered an asset
- Previous relevant experience in renewable energy and/or energy storage development, design, construction, behind the meter generation /energy storage, and/or operations/asset management would be considered an asset
- Relevant experience using programming languages like R or Python to perform statistical analyses would be considered an asset
- Relevant experience with MySQL, Matlab or MS BI would be considered an asset. (Word, Excel, Outlook)