£55,000 - £60,000
6 months ago
We are delighted to be partnered with a leading private equity firm and FCA regulated entity and AIFM to a publicly listed vehicle.
The fund manage renewable & distributed energy assets, with an explicit focus on the energy storage market. The business is growing and now requires a Legal Counsel to join the team.
You will provide support to the General Counsel and to the Compliance and Risk Officer as well as manage company secretarial services.
It is essential that you are comfortable working in a small to medium sized commercial environment. You will ideally have experience of working in the energy department of a law firm or in-house in a renewable energy company.
Primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Help structure transactions and draft or review transactional documents ranging from the simple to sophisticated and complex;
- Work closely with commercial managers to draft and negotiate engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements and annexes, operations and maintenance (O&M) agreements, asset management agreements (PPAs), ICP and supply agreements for energy storage projects
- Manage and support General Counsel and outside counsel to structure and negotiate asset purchases
- Work closely with risk and compliance officer to provide compliance and legal training in-line with policies and develop and implement improvements to compliance policies
- Work closely with Finance Director to fulfil public reporting obligations
- Manage company secretarial processes and filings
- Able to practice in the England & Wales
- At least 3 years of post-qualification experience
- Have trained at a reputable law firm or within an in house team which operates in the energy or infrastructure sectors
- Up to one year experience in compliance
- In house experience within a Publicly Listed Company would is desirable but not essential.
- Appreciation not just of the legal issues but also the underlying commercial objectives
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey legal advice in a succinct and actionable format.
- An ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Superb interpersonal skills; team oriented and collaborative;
- Comfortable taking instruction and ability to work independently;