Competitive Salary (DOE)
3 months ago
This role will focus on company governance and corporate activities relating to renewables projects across technologies (onshore wind, offshore wind, battery, and solar)
- Managing and advising on company secretarial and governance matters in both the UK and Ireland.
- Being the key point of contact for finance-related approvals and providing the advice and support required to facilitate these.
- Supporting corporate transactions (acquisitions, joint ventures, and disposals) in governance and company secretarial matters.
- Leading and/or supporting intragroup reorganizations and company strike-offs.
- Negotiating commercial contracts.
- Support on corporate compliance matters and the development of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Contributing to the maintenance of key corporate and legal documentation, including precedent legal documents, database, and physical signed contracts, policies, and procedures.
- Managing the engagement of external legal and related services, defining the scope of work, and negotiating fees whilst maintaining and building on existing working relationships, managing a budget and timely delivery, interface between law firms and commercial teams.
- Liaising with in-house counsel and entities as necessary.
- Being an active advocate of corporate governance and supporting the risk management and oversight needs.
- The role acts as a specialist advisor to project teams, works closely with the Company Secretarial team, Finance, and Legal teams as well as with Directors and senior management teams within the Group.
- Qualified lawyer with 4+ years of PQE in corporate work.
- Experience in advising on corporate approvals.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial and/or corporate contracts.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in dealing with the laws and regulations of UK jurisdictions, preferably about the energy industry and renewable project development.
- Experience in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts.
- An exemplary reputation for ethics and integrity, solid judgment, and business acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong team player
- Able to work with shareholders’ respective legal departments
- Analyze legal and governance issues and provide comprehensive and practical legal advice
- Be detail-oriented and meticulous with efficient communication skills
- Possess very strong organizational and prioritization skills.
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across renewable, environmental and energy sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies