about 2 years ago
Fantastic opportunity to work closely with group leadership as a developmet focused Legal Counsel within France to deliver the acquisition of operating assets, greenfield development goals and financing/refinancing needs.
- Working with the SLC, to negotiate, manage and review the budget and fees for outside counsel on business development related matters, including detailed timesheet review.
- Working with the SLC and other members of the Legal & Compliance team to support M&A, project development, and project finance transactions, including assisting, together with outside counsel, in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing, permits, leases, easements, land acquisition documents, development agreements, share and/or asset acquisition agreements, financing, construction and operation related contracts, reviewing due diligence materials, and assisting with coordination of other legal, regulatory, and compliance processes within France.
- Assisting in the preparation and review of commercial agreements relating to the purchase, sale, and supply of power, electric interconnection and other energy-related transactions.
- Ensuring compliance with global legal, contractual, and risk management policies, as directed by the EVP, Global Head of Legal & Compliance, to minimize and limit corporate liability, manage risk, and optimize value of contracts.
- Providing regular status updates on development projects to the SLC and EVP, Global Head of Legal & Compliance, and, as necessary, the group leadership.
- Together with the EVP, Global Head of Legal & Compliance, and SLC, coordinating with and overseeing the work of outside counsel.
- Supporting other corporate legal projects as needed.
- Assisting in the development of strategy for, management of decisions related to the group's development related legal work.
- Assisting in identifying and implementing quality improvements to development related matter management and reporting to ensure best practices are met.
- Knowledge and expertise in a wide range of technical and development related contracting subject matter areas, including share purchases, asset purchases, development, permitting, real estate, financing, power purchase agreements, construction and operation, with a focus on the French market and with particular knowledge of solar or renewable power generating facilities.
- Demonstrable experience in contract review and drafting legal contracts.
- Experience managing outside counsel.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and effectively manage a diverse range of stakeholders, across multiple jurisdictions and functions both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle a large volume of projects across differing subject matters.
- Fluent in English and French (proficiency in Spanish, Italian, and/or German, a plus).