Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 2 months ago
Role: Legal Counsel (Sustainable Energy)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Salary: Depending on experience
The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading European micro-grid investor and developer with a goal to reduce real estate carbon emission. They partner with some of the largest commercial property owners to develop sustainable energy infrastructure onsite, including CHP, heat pumps, energy storage and EV charging stations.
They are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to join their team in Berlin and oversee the legal aspects of their business including both internal operations (labour and HR) as well as external activity and various business development efforts.
- Ensuring compliance with internal framework and corporate approvals policies including labor, employment, regulation and any other internal legal matters in Germany
- Supporting the European expansion efforts of the business including the review of regulation in key markets
- Manage relationship and work process with other external law firms in key markets
- Review and negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts, PPAs, lease agreements, other asset management/construction management agreements, JVA and SHA, financing documentation and any other commercial contracts
- Supporting the asset management business with any energy regulatory matters arising with portfolio under management
- Liaising with all internal business teams including business development, finance, asset management
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in an energy environment. Micro Grid exposure is a plus.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full work proficiency in German and English including the ability to work across various European Markets
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Outstanding communication skills
- BA Law Degree and a full training with a reputable law firm in either the UK or Germany
- At least 5 years experience in an energy department of a reputable law firm or a legal council in an energy group