about 2 months ago
He/She will provide analytical support and expertise on complex projects to ensure system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development phases of the project. This position will manage and support the analysis and solution of complex business problems during application development and normal operations. A person in this role will serve as a liaison and will participate in strategic planning for a energy Business Unit, particularly in the development and implementation of IT solutions to solve business problems. The employee will serve as Lead Technical/Business Analyst resource for other Technical/Business Systems Analysts, including coaching and mentoring of their technical skills. The employee will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of processes and procedures within ISD and the supported business units and is expected to continue formal and informal training to sustain and enhance these required skills. The position also will provide direction to other Energy employees, contractors, and vendors
- Provides advanced support of and expected to have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Needs Discovery.
- The techniques of diagnosing, analyzing, and resolving business tool problems; Applies techniques to solve complex issues.
- Business process mapping.
- Alternative approaches to creating solutions.
- Requirements gathering.
- Translating business requirements into system functionality and design documents.
- Assisting the business line in writing clear and compelling business cases.
- Project estimating and identifying project milestones and project specific risks.
- Providing technical support for functional areas of the applicable business line.
- Utilizing personal productivity software such as spreadsheets, databases and query tools for data analysis, verification, and presentation.
- Managing a small team of business and systems analysts.
- IT Support for applications, technical areas, standards and supporting tools.
- Responding to customers' questions on the use of existing and emerging technology tools, hardware, and software.
- Staying abreast of current and emerging technologies through formal and informal training.
- Analysis, testing, and migration of new or upgraded products and technologies.
- Developing material to facilitate the use and understanding of ISD processes, services, and applications.
- Providing application and technical support during nonstandard business hours including storms and other emergency situations.
- Relationship Management and Communication
- Collaborating with internal technical experts and external vendors.
- Building effective relationships with business partners and works collaboratively with the business lines to set realistic expectations and deliverables.
- Building effective relationships with ISD team members and works collaboratively with internal groups to set realistic expectations and deliverables.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Traders, Marketers, Middle Office, Risk, Credit, Trading Controls, Back Office and Senior Management.
- Perform related job duties as assigned.
- Work with other groups within IT to maintain SOX compliance standards related to supported systems and integrations.
- BA/BS degree with 9 or more years of relevant IT experience and business experience.
- Knowledge of personal productivity software (i.e. spreadsheets, databases, and presentation graphics).
- Strong understanding of Financial/Physical/OTC Trade Flows, ISO/Exchanges Products & Pricing, eConfirms, Risk, Daily/Monthly P/L and Positions in Power Markets.
- Strong understanding of Aligne ETRM application. (FIS Product – TRM/GBO).
- Solid understanding of relation databases. Oracle, SQL Server, or other equivalent.
- Experience implementing and maintaining integrations between IT systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Acts with the customer in mind, works with customers to gather business requirements and translate into system requirements.
- Experience with SOX compliance as it relates to IT systems.