about 1 month ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Software Developer to head up a team of software developers in a public body, implementing innovative technology solutions that will help to transform processes in the organisation and potentially in the whole of government. They will work with all stakeholders to implement solutions for speech-to-text transcription and a shared data analytics platform for the organisation.
- Working closely with other teams on the project planning and execution, and system implementation
- Defining and developing the requirements of the system/technology components to engage research institutes and vendors
- Working closely with the research institutes and vendors to ensure the requirements are met.
- Leading the software development and system integration team.
- Identify use cases, data and user needs for privacy preserving data mining techniques to be implemented and tested in the data analytics platform.
- Reviewing and reporting back to management team monthly on progress reports, problem resolutions and project deliverables, etc from the research institutes
- Leading user acceptance tests
- Perform software development, when necessary
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical/electronic engineering or a related field with minimum 10 years of experience
- Experience in project management and leading a software development team
- Experience in software system design
- Experience in working with institutes of higher learning or research institutes on R&D projects
- Preferable experience in:Performing Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) task on database, Natural Language Processing (NLP) , Data privacy protection techniques (e.g. anonymisation, differential privacy, homomorphic encryption etc.)
- Preferable experience in any or all of the following: Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment / Delivery (CD), DevOps tools, Containerization and Orchestration tools (e.g. Docker, Pivotal (PCF), Cloud Foundry (CF), Kubernetes (K8s) etc.) Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL) , SQL / NoSQL / DataLake etc. Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce