23 days ago
I am delighted to be working with a European renewable energy investor & developer who are growing rapidly their onshore wind portfolio in Europe, focusing in the Scottish and Nordic (Swedish) markets.
The business has already identified around 1GW projects across these markets.
They are seeking a Land Manager to assist developing the onshore wind pipeline in Sweden.
This role can be based remotely but will have regular travel to sites etc. The company fully support flexible working practices.
The Land & Stakeholder Manager will be responsible for managing all landowner and community
relationships to secure land access rights and development agreements for a portfolio of onshore wind projects in Sweden.
- Negotiate land agreement and land rights for a portfolio of onshore wind schemes across Sweden
- Engage and liaise with landowners to secure land agreements for onshore projects and remain
point of contact throughout negotiation of agreements and development lifecycle
- Coordinate team of land agents, consultants, community liaison officers and external solicitors to
secure land agreements
- Develop and implement a robust community engagement plan for onshore development in line with Government guidelines
- Organise and attend landowner meetings, public events and project hearings, providing clear
explanation of technical, legal and commercial matters
- Undertake role of Community Liaison Officer providing a two-way point of contact between community groups and the project
- Identify measures to bring benefits to the community before, during and after project construction
- Ownership and deep understanding of each project in the context of its unique local environment,
including the establishment of leading community engagement model(s) at the earliest opportunitr for each project proposition;
- Application of best-in-class project management practices.
- Support management on growing the portfolio in Sweden.
- You will have a proven track record of leadership.
- Flexibility is important in the team. You will be someone who can adapt easily to new working environments according to business needs.
- As a development professional, resilience is one of your strengths. You will have the ability to drive projects to completion.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are focused on open and honest communication
regardless of the forum.
- You are a team player with a willingness to pitch in where and when you are needed.
- You will have a very strong commercial awareness.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in relevant subject is desirable (e.g. Rural Surveying, Land, Town Planning, Renewable energy etc)
- Demonstrable experience delivering land agreements within a rural agency, developer or consultancy
- Experience liaising with landowners (forestry/ farming/ property), local authorities/ County Councils, communities and project stakeholders on regional or national scale projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude for managing and maintaining effective relationships with multiple key stakeholder
- Understanding of property and leasing law and various forms of legal agreements used to secure land access and development rights
- Understanding of planning and development process for large scale projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of sourcing new opportunities and problem solving
- Ability to liaise with a diverse set of external stakeholders, in particular, planning authorities, communities, statutory Consultees and landowners
- Full driving licence and flexibility to travel at short notice