over 1 year ago
An international renewable development company with a long history in Australia are seeking a Land Acquisition Manager for their Sydney offices. You will sit across the wind, solar and storage teams providing property management expertise and leading by authority. You will lead on land agreement negotiation and will oversee managing the land acquisition process for the company, supported by a wider legal team.
· Providing property advice to the company’s development team
· Developing expert property knowledge for the business and keeping abreast of new legal and property matters
· Collaborative working across small project teams including development, engineering, technical, legal, commercial and financial functions within the company
· Negotiating and concluding appropriate property rights for the Company’s renewable energy developments
· Liaising with and providing instructions to internal and external solicitors and agents
· Supporting the due diligence and financial close process for all aspects of property
· Supporting new sites selection work from a property perspective, rights and licences
· Liaising with landowners and external legal advisors in a professional manner
· Maintaining the company land templates and supporting the development of new documents as required
· Managing the internal approval and document control process for property agreements.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required from you:
· A high level of familiarity with property law and documentation
· Knowledge of renewable energy
· Excellent communication and commercial negotiation skills
· Ability to work independently and to take responsibility to deliver results
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in property acquisition including leases, development and/or Landlord & Tenant negotiations with a focus on rural / utilities property assets;
· A degree or relevant qualification in legal, property, land or estates management;
· Strong Microsoft Office skills, experience with GIS software is desirable
· Experience of budgetary and risk management.
· Eligibility to work in Australia