about 2 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be partnered with a leading global renewables developer, to identify a forward-thinking Land Acquisition Manager, to lead their land diversification efforts in order to help grow their renewables portfolio.
The client we have partnered with has over 4GW of renewables assets built and in operation across Europe and the Americas. With a strong presence in Australia as well as significant capital backing from the world's largest infrastructure funds their commitment to develop and build renewables assets is unrivalled.
- Ensure natural resources (land and sea) are acquired in a timely manner to support renewable energy projects
- Taking responsibility for land agreements and land due diligence for projects approaching financial close, to ensure that each project has all the rights it requires for construction and operation, that all documentation is ready for financial close and obligations are understood.
- Liaising with the legal team to manage the use of external legal advice and assist the legal team with the negotiation of external engagements.
- Assist project and operation’s teams to resolve tenure, approval and environmental related issues
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutes, regulations, rules, procedures, policies and standards
- Support sustainable development of the hub’s project portfolio
- Engage and manage work undertaken by external consultancies
- Ensure timely and accurate corporate and legislative reporting of applicable hub activities
The ideal Candidate will have
- Relevant Tertiary Degree (or proven background in relevant roles)
- Extensive experience in land acquisition & development and/or landlord & tenant negotiations for infrastructure projects in Australia, ideally renewable energy projects
- Knowledge of native title, offsetting arrangements, Crown Land and infrastructure crossing agreements in Australia
- Effective communication, including writing and reporting across a range of stakeholders
- Experience formulating and executing strategies and concepts