Up to £40,000
16 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to be working with an exciting Solar Energy Storage business, who are determined to play a key role in accelerating the U.K.’s transition to a low-carbon, decentralised energy network.
The award-winning start-up are continually delivering net-zero progress and following their rapid growth, they are looking to grow by bringing in an experienced Python Developer, who will joining the existing team.
This Individual will should be a highly experienced python architect, who thrives in a dynamic environment.
· Leading the software team
· Monitoring and reporting on the software development team’s progress
· Managing the software architecture at all levels, including the firmware (bare metal), embedded software (OS and application code) and cloud (front end and back end)
· Diagnosing/resolving bugs by collaborating with the customer support team
· Writing specifications and test plans as part of the development process
· Owning the process from development into production
· Providing the technical input for grant proposals, BD & the product roadmap etc.
· Developing software as required to meet product roadmap requirements
· Minimum 5 years’ experience coding with Python
· Previous software team lead experience
· Experience of designing software for electronic consumer products
· Extensive knowledge of Linux
· Understanding of internet/networks (TCP/IP, DNS, VPN) and resolution of related issues
· Familiarity with communications protocols/busses (I2C, RS232/422/485, Ethernet)
· Understanding of cloud architecture fundamentals
· Desire to develop bare metal firmware
· Appreciation of hardware
· Ability to interpret software development datasheets
· Ability to interpret circuit/schematic diagrams
· AWS cloud development experience
· Experience with data science and machine learning tools
· Experience in the clean energy/technology sector (battery, EV, smart home, etc.)