about 1 month ago
Excellent opportunity to join the lean, scaling team of a premier independent power producer as an Associate, Project Finance & M&A in Toronto.
The business has an impressive leadership team and are backed by significant institutional capital. As a result they already have over 1.2GW operational (in just over two years since conception) and a further 5GW of wind, solar, and solar plus storage projects in development across North America.
They are looking for an individual who can support on all aspects of deal origination, structuring and execution.
The main responsibilities in the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Lead financial modeling, analysis, and due diligence activities as part of a deal team for project and portfolio acquisitions, joint ventures, and other development partnership opportunities
- Actively participate in tax equity and debt project financings with Cordelio deal team, managing modeling, assisting in financier due diligence, and contributing to structuring and negotiations
- Build, refine, and maintain financial models for in-house wind, solar, and energy storage development projects
- Actively engage and participate in the project development process, including providing guidance at key decision points on project returns and value
- Support the evaluation and analysis of power offtake opportunities to determine offer pricing and structures, in close conjunction with the commercial and development teams
- Prepare presentations for Cordelio management and Board of Directors regarding project acquisitions, project financings and key strategic project decisions
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business, economics or related field
- 2-4 years of project finance, investment banking, advisory, and/or other capital markets experience in renewable energy, power, or other infrastructure finance industries
- Hands-on experience performing financial analysis for U.S. renewable energy project financings and/or M&A transactions
- Strong proficiency in financial modeling and analytics, including project cash flow models with project and/or corporate debt financings; experience modeling renewable energy tax equity preferred
- Ability to articulate financial modeling results in a concise and clear manner, including to non-finance team members
- Passion for the renewable energy industry, with a general understanding and familiarity with US power markets and wind, solar, and/or energy storage project development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop effective and concise presentation materials
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.