8 months ago
One of the leading renewable energy companies in the UK are seeking an Investment Manager for their UK operations. This company develop, build, operate and maintain wind farms and other renewable technologies (including BESS) throughout their lifetime. Their onshore wind portfolio comprises over 1GW as well as a huge BESS operation. They are looking to further develop their portfolio via new developments or via new acquisitions and have over 2GW in their development pipeline. This includes the exciting prospect of advancing technologies such as hydrogen production.
This is a varied role where you’ll work on a range of renewable investments, primarily at post consent stage. You’ll focus on project detail, including project valuation and sensitivity analysis, project management, coordinating project teams, managing budgets and costs and supporting contract negotiation. You will need a pro-active, personable and approachable attitude to succeed in this role.
- Responsible for preparing and owning investment cases for projects
- Manage inputs across the business and external suppliers
- Manage projects through internal governance processes and external deadlines, including relevant internal stakeholders when required .
- Coordinate internal project teams
- Manage project budget and costs
- Complete project management documentation.
- Support agreement negotiation for the delivery of projects. This includes land leases, planning, grid connection, project construction, procurement and operational contracts.
- Engage stakeholders to secure a route to market for projects eg PPAs
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
- Understanding of the renewable energy project lifecycle and risks
- Track record in reviewing contractual documents and
- Understanding of the laws which impact the renewable energy sector
- Experience of the market, policy and regulatory environment for cleantech
- Financial modelling / business case development.
- A degree in a relative field or equivalent (finance, business, economics, science, engineering)
- Able to demonstrate commercial acumen and a willingness to learn and improve.
- Ability to think strategically and understand key technology and commercial drivers.
- Experience within a project management environment, where you demonstrated high management standards.
- Knowledge of M&A processes, particularly renewable energy projects.