about 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading international renewable energy investment company, based in Sydney as an Investment Analyst. The main purpose of the role is to build and maintain intricate financial models in order to support Australian investment transactions and renewable (solar, onshore wind and battery) development projects. You will have significant exposure to the whole investment process, and you’ll play a key role in supporting senior investment professionals in the company.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team and you’ll be given significant responsibility within the role. As a result, this is a great opportunity to develop your career in a growing organisation in Australia and internationally.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
· Produce financial models for the acquisition, development and financing of renewable energy projects
· Take part in the valuation of the company portfolio, updating financial models and conducting sensitivity analysis with the company’s valuations team
· Prepare presentations regarding new opportunities for the investment committee
· Prepare due diligence questions for the company management team and external advisors
· Contribute to the preparation of due diligence reports.
· Compare and analyse investment opportunities
· Negotiate investment legal documentation
· Regular liaison with various stakeholders
· Quantitative and qualitative assessment of transactions to establish what deals are worth purchasing
· Regular reviewal of industry information and technical and financial information
Qualifications, experience and skillset required
· An academic qualification in finance, business. mathematics, engineering or a similar discipline
· Financial modelling expertise
· M&A experience in renewable energy in a leading accounting firm, major banking firm, IPP or similar
· Experience in the greenfield project development in renewable energy
· Familiarity with Project Finance structures
· Eligibility to live and work in Australia