over 1 year ago
Our Client is looking to appoint an Analyst in the Investment Team. The Investment Team is responsible for originating and executing all of the investments in greenfield developments and growth businesses. The Investment Team operates across all renewable sectors, interacts with a broad spectrum of counterparties and invests in locations globally.
The Business Analysis and Valuation team provides oversight of all financial modelling and valuations, ensuring consistency of all processes and structures. They provide quality assurance across all business units for business and financial models.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established, well-funded and proven renewable energy investment team who are now looking to rapidly scale their business. The Investment Associate role is ideal for someone who wants to be a part of a world-class renewable energy business.
- Managing the development of projects through the investment cycle, including oversight of third-party developers, advisers and other stakeholders, understanding the regulatory environment and key financial drivers, understanding technical aspects of project investments
- Assisting senior members of the Investment team in the analysis and evaluation of new investment opportunities and in transaction negotiations with developers and funding partners
- Preparing Investment Committee papers supporting new investments, new projects or other material investment decisions, using financial models to support the investment teams in decision making
- Managing the transaction processes and co-ordinating documentation with developers and funding partners
- Running team meetings and investment committee meetings, including minute taking
- Preparing and maintaining presentations for internal and external stakeholders, including with potential development partners or investors
- Preparing monthly reports to the investment committee on progress of projects and pipelines (including liaising with developers and in- house financial team to gather data)
- Managing the team CRM system covering new investment opportunities, investment approvals and contacts
Financial Modelling, Analysis and Valuations
- The role will develop and implement financial and valuation models at the development, construction and operational stage of a project’s life cycle. Numerous technologies and projects will be modelled across solar, wind, battery storage and waste to energy.
- Work as part of the Business Analysis and Valuation team to create and align templates, processes, quality and best practice and ensure all models adhere to processes defined by the Business Analysis and Valuation Team.
- Identify the key investment drivers and provide the information and analysis to enable investment decisions.
- Build and review financial models with complex shareholder and third-party debt structures
- Understand discounted cash flow and multiples-based analysis and perform sensitivity and variance analysis on investments.
- Develop and adjust complex structured finance third-party models on bids, investments and deals when required, compare and review with termsheets, SPA’s and other transaction documentation.
- Take a significant interest in the power market, specifically renewable energy and monitor and analyse trends in the industry
Our ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Have a ‘hands on’ approach, visible across the business with good communication and other interpersonal skills
- Be an enthusiastic and committed team player who will work well with business leaders, investors, potential investors, banks, third parties and across the finance community
- Be driven, dynamic, forward thinking, innovative and agile; and be comfortable working in a fast paced, adaptable environment
- Excellent problem solving
- Be flexible in approach, showing initiative and interest to support ad-hoc tasks
- Be able to act in confidence, with discretion and tact
- A personal interest and understanding of the renewables and climate change coupled with a deep appreciation for investing
Professional Skills & Experience Required
- Experience in discounted cash flow and other valuations modelling within an energy / infrastructure / capital intensive environment is essential
- More than 2 years relevant work experience in renewables, infrastructure, energy, investment, banking, or strategy consultancy
- Excellent Excel & PowerPoint, some experience of Excel macros would be beneficial