9 days ago
Investment Analyst, Energy Services Provider | Financial Modeling | Due Diligence | Risk Analysis
Exciting opportunity to join the investments function of an expanding energy services provider.
The firm provides energy and infrastructure services to communities, cities, and campuses that allow them to be more sustainable. They work across 8 U.S. cities with over 370 customers in their portfolio. They need an analyst who can take charge in identifying smart investment opportunities in a commercial role.
The investment analyst will perform financial analysis on current and future investment opportunities. They will report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Development.
The main responsibilities in the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Financial analysis (including financial modelling, sensitivity and scenario analysis)
- Investment review and risk analysis (including assisting with logging opportunities and providing an initial recommendation to the team as to whether the opportunity should be pursued further)
- Valuation analysis (with respect to new opportunities and also assisting with the co-ordination of periodic independent valuations of the portfolio assets)
- Investment due diligence (including management meetings, review of materials, numerical analysis of investment performance, appointment and management of external consultants, reference calls, preparation of Investment Recommendations, material legal agreement due diligence and negotiation)
- Manage and maintain relationships within the industry, including investment banks, fund managers, independent valuers, consultants and peer institutional investors
- Develop and maintain a network of infrastructure contacts
- Monitor sector, market and economic conditions and assess their impact on client infrastructure portfolios
- Assist with the establishment of reporting and monitoring systems. Interact as required to maintain the operation of these systems
- Assist with asset management responsibilities to include liaising on key business issues, preparing for board meetings, interacting with management, updating internal monitoring checklists and assistance with quarterly client reporting
- Building of detailed sector knowledge for selected infrastructure subsectors (rotational basis)
- Allocation to specific portfolio assets for management responsibilities and allocation to analysis/execution of new investment opportunities will be determined taking into account deal flow, resource requirements and professional development objectives, and will be clearly communicated amongst the broader CenTrio Infrastructure team. Overtime, there will be the opportunity to rotate and work across different sectors and with different members of the CenTrio Infrastructure team
- Three to five years’ financial or commercial experience, with knowledge of the infrastructure market, principal investing either through an advisory capacity (i.e. investment banking or accounting firm) or direct investment experience
- Direct investment or due diligence skills / legal skills / accountancy skills, while not required, will be beneficial
- At least 4-5 years’ financial or commercial experience with some knowledge of the infrastructure industry and key trends
- Strong numeric skills, particularly advanced financial modeling and analysis
- Advanced Excel and analytical skills
- Due diligence skills
- A strong commercial acumen and ability to identify and critically analyze key business issues and strategy
- Ability to prepare structured business reports, interpreting complex material and make decisions based on imperfect information
- Proven ability to apply advanced analytical skills to investment decisions
- Ability to apply sound investment and financial market and product analysis
- Sound ability to apply working knowledge of accounting standards and applicable legislation
- Intermediate MS Office skills including Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to interact with senior management and external advisers to produce results and develop long-term productive relationships
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.