Up to £120,000 + bonus
2 months ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
As a Portfolio Manager you will join a dynamic and growing Environmental Markets team to help shape strategy and drive growth. You will bring your experience originating Energy Attribute Certificates (“EACs”) and also leverage your deep network of industry contacts at utilities, competitive electricity providers as well as developers and other project owners or managers.
The ideal candidate will bring expertise in developing new and existing customer relationships, proposing and structuring renewable energy certificate transactions in APAC, LATAM, & AMEA. You must be a self-starter ready to make an immediate impact while collaborating on portfolio growth strategies. Additionally, you must exhibit exceptional judgment, be committed to the company mission, and demonstrate an ability to collaborate with Analysis, Trade Operations, Regulatory and Legal to ensure deal success and long-term profitability.
- Collaborate with portfolio manager to support buy and sell-side activities such as:
- Lead the origination of EAC purchases and sales, propose new trading strategies, and respond to RFPs to achieve portfolio objectives; Track market dynamics to support portfolio management and strategy.
- Ensure the accuracy of portfolio positions and the accuracy of our market pricing and mark-to-market valuations
- Contribute to portfolio management including position tracking, deliveries, receipts and audits
- Collecting and sharing with the team data and insight on market fundamentals, relative liquidity, forward outlook, regulatory events, impact of legislation on markets, the preferences and drivers leading to buyer and seller decisions
- Work with analysts to develop market models which help identify trading strategies and manage risk
- 5 years of experience building and managing an environmental commodity portfolio, including identifying, monitoring and managing risk
- Seasoned commercial lead with a deep knowledge of the regulatory environment and a proven record of identifying and negotiating wholesale purchases and sales
- Experience developing and maintaining strong customer relationships with corporate voluntary and buyers and suppliers in a variety of markets and over multiple years
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, pivot quickly and managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining composure under pressure
- Collaborative and positive team player with the ability to work independently
- Creative thinker, proactive, highly resourceful and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment