Competitive Salary (DOE)
over 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company is the premium provider of global recruitment solutions to the green energy and technology sector. The business was founded in 2010 and now works with an amazing range of clients across the renewable energy space.
Our business has operations in the UK, China, Australia, & the US. Our head office is based in London and offers business support to all our other divisions and regions.
The Green Recruitment Company has developed a successful brand and client loyalty due to the calibre of its people. Our clients value the high-quality service they receive and the continuity of their relationship with us because of our high levels of retention. The Company has recently secured investment to expand operations globally, which will result in a rapid increase in headcount over the coming years.
As we have grown as a business and continue to grow, we would like to invest in developing our talent acquisition and HR function. We recognise that our continued success will rely upon access to the best talent and a sector leading retention strategy delivered through a dedicated HR function.
We see this role in helping us take our talent acquisition and HR capabilities to the next level. As the company grows, the TA and HR functions will split in two and a manager for each function will be appointed. This role is likely to specialise in Talent Acquisition over time (but it could also move into HR if preferred). Both roles are likely over time to require the Manager to hire at least one assistant in the UK (to cover junior administrative duties) and one or two counterparts overseas to deal with operations in the US and Asia.
The role has a diverse range of responsibilities, including:
Talent Acquisition (60%):
- Managing the Talent Acquisition strategy and operations globally to enable appropriate appointments to be made on time and in line with a detailed annual budget.
- Working with senior managers and the L&D function to develop a strategic workforce plan, including new hires, succession planning and internal promotions. Then using this information to guide external recruitment plans.
- Managing TA marketing requirements including advertising, promotional content, mailers and candidate attraction.
- Undertake head hunting activities for selected senior or experienced hires.
- Undertaking all new hire pre-screening and first interviews.
- Coordinating later stage interviews by the management team.
- Undertaking reference checks and other candidate checks.
- Managing the offer and contract process.
- Managing post offer aftercare and onboarding.
- Liaising with external suppliers e.g. rec2recs on specific recruitment mandates.
- Coordinating our internal referral scheme.
HR Management: (40%)
- Manage a programme of review of core HR documents and templates (e.g. company handbook) to ensure these are current and relevant.
- Design new HR resources as appropriate, augment and re-design existing content as needed.
- Be the internal lead on all HR queries and coordinate external advice as needed.
- Benchmark our HR practices and conduct routine SWOT analyses to ensure that we offer our internal stakeholders the best possible HR service.
- Report on employee retention and be proactive in supporting the retention of colleagues.
- Work in conjunction with our L&D function to ensure training is supporting our wider HR objectives.
- Managing the internal programme of appraisals and ensuring that these are logged on our HR portal.
- Managing annual leave for the office.
- Managing sickness for the office.
- Leading on internal HR communication to the business.
- Supporting overseas offices manage their HR requirements
- Liaising with Operations to ensure that new starters are set up e.g. IT systems and Log Ins
- Liaising with our finance function to ensure new starters are set up for payroll
- Supporting directors in the management of payroll.
The post holder will be encouraged to follow a path of professional development and should always be seeking out new ways to engage with best practice and the latest talent acquisition and HR methods. The role is likely to be focused 60% on talent acquisition and 40% on HR matters.
The business will work with the post holder to consider potential development paths including CIPD.
This role will suit an established talent acquisition specialist with experience of a recruitment business, or an experienced recruiter looking to transition to an inhouse role. Experience of HR systems is an advantage, but a willingness to develop these skill sets.
The role will be the face of our business to our sector and future colleagues. The successful candidate will need to be outgoing, organised, with strong customer service skills and good rapport and trust-building skills. You should also share our values as a business, be professional, positive, able to take initiative and straight-talking.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary depending on experience.
- The role is eligible for a bonus scheme related to the hiring and retention of new colleagues. The role is also potentially eligible for a Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)
- The role is full time, Monday to Fridays with hours of 0830-1800 Monday to Thursday and 0830-1500 on Fridays.
- The role starts with 20 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays) rising to 25 days through long service benefits
- The role is eligible for all other standard benefits in the business.