2 months ago
My Client is an industry leading Independent Connection Provider looking for an experienced Project Manager (Electrical and Construction) to work on Utility Connections on Residential, Commercial and Industrial Projects all over the UK. The role of the Project Manager is to manage all aspects of construction management in the construction, installation & commissioning of electrical connections up to 33Kv.
- To deliver connections on time and within budget.
- To manage the companies responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
- To manage contractual and operational interface between project stakeholders (including EPC, client, DNO, Landowners, etc.).
- Financial and delivery responsibility for projects. Planning, management and financial control.
- Overseeing electrical and construction on site, managing multiple mains, laying gangs, jointing teams in accordance with quality standards and safety procedures.
- Carry out Site Safety Audits.
- Ensure that all relevant safety, construction specifications & technical data are available
- Ensure all works are carried out to DNO specifications.
- Keep up to date on current legislation
- Liaising with the local authorities.
- To ensure personnel are authorised and have received the relevant training in the task instructed to carry out
- Electrical Engineering qualification is essential (Electrical Engineering Degree).
- You would be experience in working with Distribution Network Operators (DNOs), Independent DNOs (IDNOs), and Independent Connections Providers (ICPs) in voltages from LV up to 132kV.
- You will have good project management skills, and a good understanding of Grid and Primary Substations, G81 design standards and have an engineering background.
- ICP experience is highly preferable.
- Relevant experience working in a similar role is essential.
- Flexibility, adaptability, initiative and creativity
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- the role will require multitasking and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Flexible working hours
- Have a full valid driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK
- Good communication skills in verbally and written