4 months ago
Developing and constructing new projects is a key part of my client’s strategy. Your role will be to safely deliver all technical aspects relating to the HV transmission cables for their offshore wind projects.
You will be responsible for specification and design review for all aspects of cable design. Alongside this you will be expert on all cables components on wind farm cable systems and have a proven understanding of design, manufacture and installation techniques.
The role will also support the business on a number of research & development activities, and be a key technical point of contact for operational project issues should they arise.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Proven background in power cable engineering
- Detailed knowledge of cable systems, accessories and installation
- Understanding of Industry Technical Codes, Process and Regulations
- Experience in working with Transmission System Operators
- High regard and good knowledge of current UK health, safety and environmental legislation
- Demonstrable competency in working within multi-cultural teams with a high level of communication skills at all levels
- Experience in cable fault root cause analysis
- High levels of familiarity with cable manufacture processes and associated quality control
- Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally