over 2 years ago
This is an excellent opportunity for an HSE Manager to join an internation EPC and developer. You will work closely with the Project team and take a lead on all Health & Safety matters to ensure that they maintain control of all construction, subcontractors building the solar farm and other subcontractors building the substation & cable route.
- Work with the PM and the SM to establish welfare and waste management requirements for start of project leading up to full site setup.
- In conjunction with the SM and PE, work out a delivery plan and order/sequence of delivery for the rest of the welfare and skips.
- Act as the Emergency Coordinator, implement any emergency procedures required on site, ensure that all relevant parties are informed of any accidents/incidents.
- Liaise with Emergency responders, ensure that the emergency response procedures are displayed in canteens and offices with the directions to the nearest hospital.
- Monitor and implement the H&S plan, emergency plan and security plan
- Monitor and coordinate the Preventative Resources Technicians.
- Review the site’s RAMS and either approve or give feedback for amendments
- Ensure the PR Techs carryout their duties including acting as Fire Marshall’s. Liaise with PR Tech over Fire Extinguisher training.
- Ensure all contractors have provided all information required to work on site.
- Carryout a emergency drill within the first few days of workers being on site to ensure that everyone knows the drill and procedure. Make a record of the practice for H&S evidence on audits.
- Ensure First Aid Equipment on site is suitable and sufficient. Liaise with PR Tech over amount needed.
- Manage all welfare on site, (in conjunction with the PM) and liaising with supplier over unserviceabilities and issues.
- Prepare and implement the Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP) in accordance with Spanish regulations.
- In the event of theft, liaise with local police for reporting of any thefts from site for insurance purposes e.g. copper/fuel theft. Provide the PM with the crime reference number.
- Coordinate the off-hire and collection of all welfare on site including formulating a close down plan in conjunction with the PE and PM.
- High level of HSE qualification including CSO is possible.
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Interpersonal, Relationship building and networking skills.
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload.
- Confident decision making
- Time Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
- IT Skills