Competitive Salary (DOE)
9 days ago
In this role you will support, create, and deploy reference data catalogs for European piping, instrument, mechanical, and electrical needs to hexagon engineering tools. Include the review of client & customer specifications for compliance with applicable European codes. Guarantee code and spec compatibility with hexagon tools (S3D, SPID, SPI, & SPEL)
Contract Length: 2/6/23-8/5/23
**MUST HAVE PE LICENSE**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applies expertise in the review of Client/Customer specifications for compliance with applicable European Industry Codes
• Ensure code and spec compatibility with Hexagon tools such as S3D, Smart Materials, SPID, SPI, and SPEL
• Support, configure and deploy reference data catalogs for European piping, instrument, mechanical, and electrical specifications to Hexagon engineering tools
• Experience with Hexagon Smart Reference Data, material catalog, integration with S3D, SPID, SPEL and SPI, user support and troubleshooting, along with process industry engineering design knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering.
• Registered as a Professional Engineer in Texas or other state.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in pipe material engineering
• Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
• Detailed knowledge of Piping Material Specification software (SmartPlant Reference Data SPRD etc..)
• Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline. Specific knowledge of B31.3 design and materials is essential.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of ASME, API, AWWA, ASTM and MSS codes/product specifications is essential.