In this role you will support, create, and deploy reference data catalogs for European piping, instrument, mechanical, and electrical needs to hexagon engineering tools. Include the review of client & customer specifications for compliance with applicable European codes. Guarantee code and spec compatibility with hexagon tools (S3D, SPID, SPI, & SPEL)
Contract Length: 2/6/23-8/5/23
**MUST HAVE PE LICENSE**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Applies expertise in the review of Client/Customer specifications for compliance with applicable European Industry Codes
• Ensure code and spec compatibility with Hexagon tools such as S3D, Smart Materials, SPID, SPI, and SPEL
• Support, configure and deploy reference data catalogs for European piping, instrument, mechanical, and electrical specifications to Hexagon engineering tools
• Experience with Hexagon Smart Reference Data, material catalog, integration with S3D, SPID, SPEL and SPI, user support and troubleshooting, along with process industry engineering design knowledge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering.
• Registered as a Professional Engineer in Texas or other state.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in pipe material engineering
• Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
• Detailed knowledge of Piping Material Specification software (SmartPlant Reference Data SPRD etc..)
• Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline. Specific knowledge of B31.3 design and materials is essential.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of ASME, API, AWWA, ASTM and MSS codes/product specifications is essential.