The Health, Safety, Environment & Security (HSSE) Manager will play an integral role in ensuring this Developer delivers Goal Zero HSSE performance across their solar projects and operations.
- Guide, support and facilitate ownership, implementation and improvement of HSSE requirements including workplace safety, personal safety, asset integrity and management of health, security and environmental hazards.
- Assist and assure contractors’ compliance to HSSE plan & program
- Ensure implementation of the risk management process at multiple locations
- Register all incidents, perform investigations, contribute to Contractors’ investigations to understand the causes and influencing factors.
- Plan and carry out routine site visits, HSSE coordination meetings with all contractors, participate in routine coordination meetings with construction as well as O&M
- Ensure that Contractors’ training and awareness programs are carried out as planned
- Support implementation of improvement programs such as Emergency Response, Safety Supervision Program, Worksite Hazard Management and control of work.
- Actively participate in HSSE audits, training and incident investigations
- Ideally an Engineering Graduate with adequate HSSE qualifications/accreditation
- 5+ years of work experience as a HSSE professional in renewable energy/Oil & Gas /power sector utilities/consulting firms etc.
- Ideally experience of working with Solar PV projects
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with a "can do" attitude
- Able to work with limited supervision and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure
- Experience in delivering HSSE training, performing HSSE audits and incident investigation
- Meeting the qualification requirements of “Safety Officer” as required by local law will be an added advantage