3 months ago
A challenging opportunity for a highly skilled technical manager to lead a large team of Asset Managers focusing on optimising Solar and Wind Assets.
This will involve the development of junior asset managers and data engineers as well as overall operational perfomance of the division.
The business pride themselves on bring a leading turnkey service provider with the United States Renewable Energy Market.
It is key that you are able to develop the technical team to operate to the best of their ability at all times and to secure relevant opportunities for their progression.
- Manage a portfolio of wind and solar farms, ensuring that all O&M works are undertaken in accordance with the agreed contractual scope and industry best practice, efficiently and effectively.
- Be the first point of contact for clients, organising regular update calls and producing monthly reports.
- Use monitoring software to monitor the sites on a daily basis and organise appropriate responses to site and system issues which may arise from the monitoring platform.
- Form effective working relationships with the portfolio O&M providers.
- Ensure the O&M provider manages (open/close/update) fault tickets, keeping to contractual obligations and response times.
- Ensure the O&M provider liaise with LV and HV teams, subcontractors and third parties, and manage the work calendar, ensuring the teams are briefed in a concise, accurate manner
- Ensure works are organised to maximise performance and safe operation of the plant;
- Carry out annual audits of the O&M providers and evidence that the O&M implement good H&S best practices, including chasing RAMS, raising Work Orders and arranging Site Inductions, and that the O&M ensure that all activities are carried out under the approved UK HSE system and/or in compliance with other industry rules and regulations, including CDM Regulations and the Turbine Safety Rules.
- Prepare post-audit improvement plans for the O&M, ensuring that actions are tracked closed out in a timely manner.
- Help with the development of company processes.
- High-light and escalate commercial issues and help provide evidence for commercial claims to project the project company’s position.
- Technical reference for Junior Technical Managers
- Deep understanding on Wind and Solar Assets
- Previous experience in constructing solar farms will be advantageous Previous experience as TA is desirable
- Education in an Engineering Disicple desired but not essential
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Operational Assets.
- Ability to manage high work loads.
- Must be robust when presenting operational performance stats to investors and board members.