Up to £87500
about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are pleased to be working exclusively with one of the leading innovators within the Sustainability Consultancy space. With a heritage of 100+ years trading & deliverables across sectors from digital security, maritime, utilities & most significantly energy & sustainability – this business has successfully carved its way to the forefront of technical advisory, strategy design and assurance across over 30 different countries.
TGRC’s elected & exclusive partnership is such to source a brand-new Head of Sustainable Policy & Compliance for the London based team.
This role is for a Principal level individual to lead and grow the team’s policy work with governments, financial institutions & EU. The work would cover client projects across a range of functional areas including managing large cleantech innovation programmes, market studies, as well as technical delivery, and would include energy management, renewables, energy access, grid standards, storage, CCS, hydrogen, etc, with projects & clients spanning the Northern EMEA regions.
Business Development (40%)
- Win substantial new policy related work through an order intake target
- Develop a clear customer and technology focus for tender submissions for in 2019 and 2020
Project Delivery (40%)
- Be highly chargeable on project delivery, which could include roles such as Project Director, Project Manager, or even other more technical functions
- Allocate resources to projects as required working closely with other policy professionals and technical experts
- Approve delivery of client reports and technical work, where appropriate
Team Development (20%)
- Coach others in the team around relationship development, bid strategy, proposal writing and on delivery
- Build a culture of learning within the team, ensuring staff are supported and developed to meet their potential.
- Proposals completed and delivered to customers
- Solid win rate of submitted proposals
- The business seen as a go-to organisation for policy work in the sustainability space
- Develop a broad range of policy related capabilities
- Clients demonstrate high satisfaction of the project work as measured by the Customer Rating Service Index
- Team shows increased capabilities to win and deliver high quality outputs
- Team size grows and shows prospects for further extension
- Educated to at least degree level (minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent),
- Master’s in policy or Sustainability preferred
- Substantial experience of policy related work in the sustainability space
- Strong understanding of market drives and challenges
- Expertise/broad understanding of two or more of the technical areas of the department
- Existing and senior level relationships with a range of institutions internationally
- Experience of leading or managing other policy experts and/or technical staff
- Exceptional commercial awareness result orientation and proven business development ability within this sector.