3 months ago
Excellent opportunity to represent a major renewable Developer/EPC and coordinate their market entry into the Netherlands.
You will be tasked with establishing a physical office and leading on the delivery of the group's solar strategy. You will be a senior member of the development team and will have the mandate to assemble a team and operate the subsidiary
The Country Manager will bring significant solar experience and expertise, and utilise that experience to:
- On a short period of time, dimension and implement a professional team fit for the purpose of the operation.
- Manage the full life cycle of the solar projects from land acquisitions through to the later stages of development
- Review solar strategy and recommend appropriate revisions, to include:
- Determine success criteria for site selection and Identify candidate sites
- Lead the feasibility assessments of sites, including assessment of costs/returns
- Lead on identification of new grid connections
- Lead on securing necessary development rights from landowners/operators
- Lead on technical and design issues
- Lead on securing development consents through management of consultants
- Negotiation, closing and monitoring agreements with local developers
- Support during the sale process of the projects
Lead on Country Manager tasks, including:
- Final investment decision business case
- Budget and resource planning for the national operation.
- Preparation and presentation of status reports of all projects to the senior management and executive management.
- Interface coordination between departments.
- Monitoring compliance against internal processes and standards, as well as reviewing and revising aspects as required.
- 7+ years’ experience in development of Wind or Solar (with specific experience in the Dutch market)
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Must have the leadership capabilities and industry insight to implement a team and enhance the operations of the subsidiary on the short term.
- Must have a proven record in Origination and M&A within the national Solar Industry.
- Ideally should have a wide scope of experience across all phases of PV project development.
- Greenfield development , building project pipeline
- Strong understanding of the interconnection process, and the commercial impact of connections.
- Strong understanding of the PV market, state support programmes, pricing and auction process.
- Drive the internal team
- “Hands on” approach to development
- Stakeholder management (town councils, local communities etc)
- Must be happy to work throughout the Dutch market and happy to travel to the main head offices on occasions.
- Should be able to work independently