£55,000 - £75,000
about 2 years ago
Working within our Customer Operations team, the Head of Metering will be the person who ensures we deliver exceptional metering service for our customers and controlling associated costs. You’ll define and head up our Metering Operations team and take the operational lead on ensuring we get the best service from our 3rd party metering providers. You’ll also be at the heart of making sure we not only comply with the relevant regulations and are at the forefront of industry change programmes.
You’ll track and monitor all of the costs incurred from our 3rd party metering providers and make sure that all costs are complete, accurate & timely. You’ll build and monitor KPIs from multiple teams and ensure that they work together to retrieve any excessive costs. You’ll assist the Finance, Reporting, Metering Service and Trading teams to build accurate modelling then track and control any variance to these models.
Business Development and Operational Efficiency
- Take full responsibility for performance, development and operational effectiveness of the teams and people within your area whilst also influencing these metrics within teams who impact Metering but fall outside of your department.
- High level ownership of all operational processes and delivery mechanisms with a view to increasing quality, efficiency and productivity across areas of responsibility
- Implementation of metering related policy, procedures and best working practices to ensure compliance with industry and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that customer data is maintained securely and accurately.
3rd Party Providers and Industry Change Activity
- Work with all teams around the business who impact the customer experience of metering to ensure that 3rd parties deliver excellent customer service whilst meeting commercial and business requirements.
- Build and manage the operational relationships with our 3rd party providers, keeping on top of their KPIs for performance, constructively challenging where necessary to get the best from them. Ensure that the customer experience is considered at all times and any opportunity to improve is identified, sized and implemented where appropriate.
- Work alongside the Smart Metering Programme (and other metering related change programmes) to enable successful delivery of Smart meter exchange programme across full customer base.
- Ensure reporting capability is available to accurately measure success of both 3rd parties and internal teams.
Development of Department
- Planning and objective setting for departmental activities in order to deliver against strategic plans
- Monitoring and management of departmental performance and associated reporting against objectives and plans
- Develop a culture where people are empowered to be their best, recognising success and, where necessary, managing under performance effectively.
- Ensure that all management reporting is delivered in a timely and accurate manner with associated supporting commentary to feed into the wider retail reports
- Ensure that month end data is submitted within company deadlines.
- Provide data when requested to the regulator.
- Ensure that budgets are created using accurate data and modelling, blending in all aspects of a rapidly changing business, wider environment and customer behaviour.
- Track all metering costs back to individual drivers and aggregated root causes, creating mechanisms to identify, mitigate and control unexpected costs to the business.
- Work with third parties and distributed teams within the business to provide a consistent framework to define our approach to recover and prevent excessive cost.
- Provide support where needed to define contractual terms with third parties to ensure the best commercial relationship possible.
You need to have management and leadership skills with experience of managing large teams whilst also influencing those not directly under your line of management. You’ll have experience implementing motivation and engagement initiatives to get the best out of your people whilst always focusing on great service.
You’ll have great stakeholder management skills with experience of maintaining strong relationships with 3rd parties.
You’ll have led your team by defining core service strategies that grow and evolve with both business and customer needs. Ideally you will have experience of leading people and service throughout periods of significant growth or change, or maybe managing people in a fast moving and dynamic industry.
Skills and experience:
- A significant level of management and operational development skills with experience of managing large teams
- Experience of working within utilities/energy
- Experience of managing metering teams and/or metering service-related activity, accurately defining service targets
- A high level of 3rd party stakeholder management and engagement skills
- First class communication and leadership skills to lead and inspire people across the team
- The ability to engage with Directors and Managers at all levels across the wider business to achieve goals and objectives
- Exceptional time and self-organisation skills