Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is the premium provider of global recruitment solutions to the green energy and technology sector. The business was founded in 2010 and now works with an amazing range of clients across the renewable energy space.
Our business has operations in the UK, China, Australia, & the US. Our head office is based in London and offers business support to all our other divisions and regions.
The Head of L&D and Academy represents an important function in the delivery of our business strategy. As a business we have plans for growth within our existing operations and through the development of new offices and subsectors. The Company has recently secured investment to expand operations globally, which will result in a rapid increase in headcount over the coming years.
This role will be integral to ensuring that that all new hires from graduate hires to senior managers are given the support to succeed and thrive in our business. Equally the role will be responsible for developing our existing colleagues in line with our ethos of being a premium recruiter.
The role has a diverse range of responsibilities, including:
Management of the New Starter Programme:
- Assist the HR function with the management of the pre-start process.
- Run the day one induction and onboarding process.
- Work with team managers and directors to ensure all new hires are guided through our training and development plan.
- Ensure that high standards and expectations and that all new starters are aware of their training objectives and goals.
- Provide tailored coaching to new hires to help them develop the right skill sets.
- Instil our business values in the way each new starter operates.
- Manage our training assessments and develop additional assessment resources.
- Develop a reporting methodology that allows for benchmarking and insight across the business.
Training Management & Design:
- Manage our online training portal on a day to day basis, including managing updates of content and creation of new content.
- Review the delivery methods for training including digital and classroom style sessions.
- Conducting a quarterly SWOT analysis of our existing training content and implementing action plans to maximise on opportunities and minimize threats.
- Liaise with the wider management team on training needs and support, including supporting international offices with their specific training needs.
- Ensure that training is recorded and develop a reporting methodology for business wide training.
- Be responsible for delivering the majority of training and coordinating all other internal stakeholders with training responsibility.
- Lead on all L&D related communication within the business.
Coordination of External Suppliers/Training:
- Work with the wider operations function to maintain an appropriate PSL of external trainers and course providers.
- Coordinate and assist colleagues with managing their personal develop allowance for customised training and resources.
The Head of L&D and Academy has a role that is integral to the competitive advantage of our business. As a company we are highly selective in our hiring processes and invest in all our hires. The post holder for this role must therefore lead by example and align with our practice of continuous improvement including:
- Keeping informed of the latest methods and best practice in learning and development.
- Managing a programme of self-development to augment and improve on core skills.
This role will suit someone with experience either as a recruiter or as an L&D specialist in a recruitment firm. The post holder should have a track record of delivering L&D for at least two years, again within a recruitment business or a sales organisation if the candidate has worked as a recruiter in the past.
The role will suit someone who is passionate about developing people, as well as a strategic mindset with an ability to analyse and plan.
You should share our values as a business, be professional, positive, able to take initiative and straight-talking.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary is depending on experience.
- The role is also potentially eligible for a Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP)
- The role is full time, Monday to Fridays with hours of 0830-1800 Monday to Thursday and 0830-1500 on Fridays.
- The role starts with 20 days holiday per year (excluding bank holidays) rising to 25 days through long service benefits.
- The role is eligible for all other standard benefits in the business.