State of New South Wales
6 months ago
Global renewable developer looking for someone to head up their Development team based in either New South Wales or Queensland. This role will play a big part in the businesses strategy moving forward managing and growing an existing team of 5. Strategy moving forward put a strong focus on Greenfield Wind Development across the states.
With a focus on existing wind and solar PV projects in NSW and QLD as well as building out new projects across Australia your experience will help bolster our renewables portfolio by fostering positive relationships and engaging with new and existing stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have a detailed knowledge of greenfield processes specifically land-owner negotiations to planning/environmental approvals as well as grid connection.
Although wind sector experience is advantageous our client is willing to take on candidates with strong solar project backgrounds and are looking to grow their knowledge within the wind renewables space.
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
- 10+ years of relevant experience with large scale renewable energy projects (wind preferred) specifically exposure to project development and landowner liaison.
- Degree qualifications in business management, commerce, planning, engineering and science preferred.
- Ability to liaise with regulators, government entities and stakeholders is necessary.
- Experience in a project management role with a proven track record of managing inputs from a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to develop plans with regards to project status, timeline, risk assessment, budget and performance with utmost clarity.
- Demonstrated strengths in negotiation to positively influence outcomes and decisions.
- Ability to think strategically and laterally with an emphasis on commercial acumen.
- Available to travel regularly to prospective project sites, as required.