80,000 - 90,000 euros + 20% bonus
over 2 years ago
POSITION: Head of Project Development MEA
LOCATION: Madrid. Involves travelling
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of MEA
- Site identification, screening and short listing (initial contact with landholders and landholder negotiations to secure project sites suitable for development)
- Initial technical due diligence stage, by conducting research and analysis on the technical specifications of the project to establish its feasibility, including resource and site assessment, forming the preliminary design concept, identification of connection options and other related activities;
- During the development stage, by overseeing and guiding external advisors who will conduct environmental and risk assessments and other impact assessments (glare, traffic, stormwater, etc) required to obtain development approval, participate in community consultation, interact with landowners among others;
- During the development stage, by close interaction and oversight of grid connection consultants who will conduct detailed studies on the interaction of the project with the electricity network, helping to progress the studies and to prepare grid connection applications under the National Electricity Rules, providing guidance on key project requirements, and helping to balance regulatory requirements and commercial interests;
- During the financial close process, through close interaction with external technical advisors to help ensure financiers are comfortable with technical risks.
- Support the preparation of project progress reports, proposals, and presentations required for internal purposes and for tendering processes.
- Representing the company by participating in external meetings and forums, including industry conferences, workshops, meetings and so-on involving various third parties including other developers, suppliers, network service providers, regulators and Government authorities.
- 8-10 years of experience overall
- Min 5 years of experience specifically in solar PV development (business development/project finance positions) in MEA
- Experience in wind development would be useful
- European for travelling/visa flexibility
- Origination of solar PV/wind projects
- Project Development/Project Management of utility-scale PV/wind projects
- Negotiation of project agreements (PPA, Sovereign guarantees, land contacts, etc.) and management of permitting processes (ESIA, generation licenses, etc.) of PV projects
- Ability to travel worldwide (Africa, Middle East, etc.)