£60,000 - £80,000
about 1 month ago
A fantastic opportunity to lead project development for a well-funded Energy Storage Developer. The company has a significant pipeline to deliver and is looking to further strengthen their position as on of UKs leading Energy Storage Developers.
London based Energy Storage developer with a huge amount of capital backing with a mixture of Energy and Financial expertise.
The role of Head of Development reports to the Directors and is responsible for driving the delivery of Energy Storage and Gas Peaker projects from initial site identification to disposal of completed projects. The Head of Development is responsible for recommending sites for investment, managing external consultants, reviewing option agreements, preparation of datarooms for disposals, programming delivery of sites and prioritization of resources.
- Lead all development activity
- Proactively manage the relationship between the company’ JV partners, third party land owners, land agents and lawyers.
- Ensure that all project development rights (land, grid and planning) are comprehensive, properly documented and provide investor summaries.
- Manage and control the due diligence documentation for disposal projects ensuring that queries are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Provide preliminary comments on legal agreements including options for lease, leases, sale agreements, EPC contracts and operation and maintenance contracts.
- Project manage sites in the disposal process including direct liaison with the investor and instructing and managing solicitors including proactively identifying and resolving issues.
- Identify opportunities to improve land and development processes, obtain buy in and deliver business improvement.
- Attend conferences, exhibitions and industry working groups.
- Proactively manage external consultants including agreeing reporting frameworks, commissioning, review and challenge of reports and sourcing and appointing new suppliers.
- Attend and speak at meetings, public meetings and exhibitions.
- Significant experience developing renewable energy projects.
- Preferably experience developing Gas Peaker and/or Energy Storage projects
- A driven and self-motivated individual with excellent negotiation skills, commercial awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should either be chartered surveyors (from a relevant specialization), solicitors (with a background in land law) or development professionals.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivery of successful development projects including site assembly, land acquisition, leasehold negotiations and delivery of planning consents.