8 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working in partnership with a leading Independent Power Producer, mandated with recruitiing their Head of Asset Management. The Head of Asset Management will be responsbile for a European portfolio of solar and wind assets. Key activities include managing relationships with external investors, HSE management, financial management, leading, managing and developing the local Asset Management team, and directly managing a subset of operational assets.
- Lead and manage the Asset Management Team and manage the recruitment, development and retention of personnel.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with investors and lenders in portfolio.
- Provide commercial oversight and support, especially with regards contract management, to the portfolio and the team.
- Maintain and ensure Asset Management activities are undertaken in accordance with local legislation and HSE policies.
- Implement best practice asset management in the asset portfolio, working closely with functional teams across the business to optimise commercial and technical performance.
- Manage the production of regular portfolio and project level reports.
- Develop and implement the asset management strategy.
- Implement and continuously improve local asset management systems and processes.
- Provide input to business development, origination and asset construction activities sharing relevant knowledge and experience.
- Manage relationships with internal and other external stakeholders.
- Take directorships for asset holding companies as required.
- Prepare and review O&M plans and strategies for assets to optimise through-life value.
- Monitor and report asset performance and implement strategies for improvement of performance, mitigation of risks and creation of value.
- Develop and manage all contracts and agreements and ensure compliance with all licences and consents.
- Prepare and agree operational plans and budgets, control and analyse performance of operating assets against approved budgets.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent technical qualification, plus extensive experience of asset management and operations in the renewable energy industry.
- A passion for HSE and a good awareness of HSE legislation and standards, ideally qualified to NEBOSH certificate.
- Proven leadership qualities and the capability to build and manage a high-performance team.
- Experience of reporting to and working with external investors and lenders.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparties across all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Sound working knowledge of project finance documents (e.g. asset reporting requirements, covenants, ratio tests) and financial reporting.
- Strong commercial acumen/track record, in particular contract management, and the ability to translate technical findings into commercial implications.
- Solid planning and organising skills to include effective prioritisation and resource management
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a drive for high standards
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution or similar is an advantage.
- Fluency in a second language