6 months ago
An international renewable energy EPC company are seeking a Grid Connection Specialist to join their growing team in their offices in Sydney. This well-respected company specialise in the construction of utility scale solar PV and wind projects and have an impressive international portfolio of projects with some projects over 200MW in size.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-thinking international player with a portfolio of utility scale renewable energy projects across New South Wales
As Grid Connection Specialist, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Ensure that field staff needs are addressed during the pre-bid and buyout stage of each new project
- Problem solve and resolve issues via face to face communication.
- Plan, lead, and organise activities associated with the execution of renewable energy projects
- Ensure that projects are constructed in agreement with design, budget, and schedule.
- Ensure regulatory compliance within the context of the National Electricity Market, and compliance to the National Electrical Rules and the requirement of NSPs and AEMO.
- Lead the strategic planning sessions with key stakeholders for grid connection processes.
- Other responsibilities are: schedule management, preparation of reports & spreadsheets, contract administration financial analysis, maintaining budget & cost, quality management, risk management and safety management.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Education required from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (e.g Electrical Engineering, Power Systems Engineering etc)
- Strong understanding of all AEMO standards.
- 5+ years of experience in grid connection in Australia
- Computer proficiency in Viewpoint, MS Project, and MS Office
- Australian utility scale Solar experience highly desirable.