about 1 year ago
An international renewable development company with a long history in Australia are seeking a Grid Connection Lead for either their Melbourne or Sydney offices.
You will be a core member of an extended grid team that progresses Solar and Wind projects through development, construction and operation, which includes including owning a grid focus on renewable project optimisation.
With an impressive pipeline of development projects in Australia and a well-established project portfolio this is a great opportunity to join a well-established team in very important vacancy for the company. Further project portfolio information available upon request.
As Grid Connection Lead you will:
- Ownership for the technical content of connection agreements for generation projects with network service providers and AEMO
- Support the negotiation of connection agreements
- Inform strategic project decision making by providing input in relation to grid related issues such as congestion, network losses and system strength
- Act as the internal cost component owner for grid related costs on the company’s development pipeline, with a focus on minimizing the levelized cost of energy for projects
- Project manage the grid connection process within agreed budget and milestones
- Maintain excellent ongoing relationships with network service providers, AEMO, suppliers and consultants
- Represent the company in industry consultation forums such as rule changes with the AEMC
- Support due diligence process as part of debt and equity financing for major projects
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required from you:
- Strong understanding of the generator connection process under the NER, from preliminary enquiry through to R2 submission
- Strong understanding of the regulation of network service providers under the NER
- Familiar with financial modelling
- Strong understanding of the physical assets required to connect a variety of generating systems to the NEM
- Understanding of how congestion, network losses and system strength are managed in the NEM
- Experience in undertaking steady state load flow modelling
- Experience in leading engineering components of major projects
- Exposure to the negotiation and application of generator performance standards
- Project management, Risk assessment, Stakeholder management and Contract negotiation
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering