Flexible Depending on Experience
about 3 years ago
TGRC are working alongside a large energy supplier providing electricity and natural gas to homes and businesses across UK & Ireland. They value integrity, innovation, customer-centricity, responsibility, enrichment, and excellence. They are a team that is excited to be building a brand and continuing our growth to deliver products and services that provide stability and innovative solutions and create value for our customers and shareholders.
- They are looking to recruit a Fundamentals & Quantitative Trader, to play a pivotal role in its Supply & Trading team, focused on procurement of supply for its energy customers. The applicant will be responsible for developing and maintaining a fundamental model of the wholesale energy complex, publishing forward curves, hedging long and short term positions in the natural gas and power portfolios, and performance reporting.
- The successful candidate will have manage day to day requirements and processes of trading on exchanges (N2EX/APX) and bi-laterally. Knowledge of the UK energy market and drivers, a good understanding of the various hedging strategies available to a Supplier is advantageous. Ability to recommend and implement initiatives that will add value across the business and make proactive decision based on market fundamentals. They will need to ensure that the position is managed optimally and in line with the latest risk mandate policy. They will also be required to report on these positions, and provide various analyses for both pre and post-trading activities.
- He or she will be empowered to make commercial decisions on a day-to-day basis, interacting closely with others in the Commercial team, along with others within the wider business, therefore they must be highly numerate
- The role also offers the opportunity for someone to play a key role for a challenger brand in the energy supply sector. The ambition of the company will also give the successful applicant an opportunity to be involved and make a difference throughout the entire value chain, exploring new markets and devising innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to operate with integrity and confidence, interpreting complex/ incomplete information and able to make considered commercial decisions under tight deadlines
- Strong team player with ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience in similar roles and knowledge of energy markets is advantageous
- Degree educated or equivalent (2.1 or higher in a numerical/business discipline)
- Excellent analytical skills (VBA, SQL), Python (an advantage)
- German Language not necessary but an advantage