about 1 year ago
16th November 2019
Our client is a leading investor, developer and long-term fund manager of core infrastructure and energy efficiency assets in the UK.
They are looking for an experienced Fund Financial Controller to take primary accounting responsibility for an Infrastructure Fund(s) within the fund management business, reporting to a Fund Associate Director and ultimately the Chief Financial Officer.
- Production of fund management information including reporting on investment performance and monitoring the introduction of new investments to ensure that investment returns are as expected or optimised.
- Production of annual fund statutory accounts and subsequent audit.
- Administration of investor drawdowns, distributions, equalisations and general investor reporting (quarterly) including ad hoc information requests as necessary.
- Interrogation of financial models (supplied by project accountants) and collation of investment reports to monitor and evaluate project performance.
- Financial due diligence of target investments
- Liaise with the asset management team to deal with operational issues, report on asset performance and optimise investment returns
- Progression to involvement the asset management team and to provide business partnering role to the wider commercial and deal teams
- be able to work as part of a wider fund management team alongside other finance professionals and operational managers, as well as use initiative to proactively and independently manage a portfolio of infrastructure investments
- be a qualified accountant with real experience of accounting (preferably project and/or fund accounting) with either an industry or practice background
- be well versed in Excel and have a working knowledge of financial models (macros and VBA preferable but not essential).
- Experience of PFI and infrastructure investments and funds preferred but not essential
- be an innovative thinker and not fear challenging financial problems
- have experience in financial reporting in foreign currencies
- be CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified
- be degree level educated.
As part of the recruitment process, we will be asking all applicants to confirm that they have (or will have) the right to work in the UK if they are successful in securing the role, before the interview stage.