Flexible Depending on Experience
about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside one of the leading international energy consultancies in their search for a Sales Associate that would focus on bringing in large end users across Europe.
The position needs someone with experience at one of the larger energy consultancies with experience of winning pan-European business. The business has a wide service offering, including but not limited to energy procurement, bureau, energy management, electric vehicles, renewables and products.
The position resides within the sales team which is not only the leading sales organisation within the global market place but also one of the fastest growing, innovative and dynamic divisions within the firm. The Sales Associate will work within this environment to support the field sales team (managers & directors) sell to both large and multinational organisations headquartered in EMEA. The role will operate along-side the team pre-sales specialists working across the EMEA, APAC & Americas divisions. Successful candidates will be expected to prospect C level stakeholders and secure engagement with these target companies and, focused on supporting our field sales team, build solutions within the domains of sustainability, energy supply and energy demand.
Successful candidates must possess strong prospecting, hunting and nurturing capabilities but must also have a strong track record of hitting and exceeding targets. Candidates must also be strong team players and be very comfortable working as part of a team but also as an individual.
The primary accountabilities, character traits, skills, and requirements are listed below.
As a Sales Associate, your key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Strong ability to hunt and self-generate business leads and opportunities
- Identifying and creating new opportunities within a targeted geography or segment of the European market
- Strong collaborative skills
- Meeting and exceeding annual and quarterly targets
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and our global services and software portfolio
- Based on this understanding, you will recognise and articulate appropriate approaches to address gaps and enhance and communicate strengths in a way that meets customer needs and differentiates us from the competition
- Become a key contributor to assist in tailoring the global portfolio to address the needs of the EMEA market
- Collaborate with multiple sales teams in order to execute and orchestrate customer solutions
- Collaborate and interact with other multi-national marketing and sales teams and departments
- Be prepared travel to prospect meetings as required and support our field sales team
Hunger: must have excellent prospecting skills which include the ability to self-generate new opportunities that are aligned to our target market
Integrity: demonstrates this in all interactions; ability to work through challenges to achieve results
Initiative: takes an entrepreneurial approach to our business, and has a strong bias toward action
Curiosity: structures innovative yet realistic and measurable approaches based upon a curiosity and interest in our business, our customers, and their business needs
Honesty: transparent in interactions with other employees, prospects, clients, etc. Straightforward in their approach to relationship-building
Persuasiveness: ability to craft and promote a vision; to articulate this clearly in a way that will help to bring our business together and drive results
Attitude: positive attitude and willingness and eagerness to grow and contribute to overall team’s success
Tenacity: proven track record of demonstrating persistence and effective prospecting skills in sales; ability to “lead” clients to innovative solutions
- 2+ years’ sales experience
- Ideally, experience in consultative selling and services industry (procurement services and/or energy supply a plus)
- Strong proven track record of being successful in “autonomously” prospecting/hunting
- Demonstrating a track record of consistently achieving target
- Fluent in English other languages are an advantage. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment, CRM systems (salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Personal qualities such as: self-driven, autonomous, influential, reliable, direct, curious and creative