£55,000 - £65,000
about 2 years ago
Excellent new posiiton for an experienced financial modeller to join the asset management/portfolio team within a well-established renewable energy investment fund.
The team manage over £bn of assets across the UK, Europe, Americas & Australia. The asset portfolio include solar power parks, wind farms, reserve power plants (gas fired generators), biomass and landfill gas projects as well as anaerobic digestion systems
The Financial Modeller will liaise directly with the SPV companies and the asset management eams, to ensure the integrity of their SPV financial models – which are relied on for budget setting and control, day to day cash management and forecasting, distribution management, debt reporting and quarterly valuations.
He/she will develop operating models as necessary for new technologies, funds or territories. Typically handing over the ongoing management of these models, once they are finalised, to the operating team members.
The Financial Modeller will design and implement model design policies and oversee the training and ongoing support that enable the wider team to update and manage their models effectively and accurately on an ongoing basis.
He/she will also design and implement an appropriate model integrity policy to include an internal and external auditing programme, adapted to the relative risk of each model, as well as tracking modelling errors and implementing strategies to minimise future errors.
The role requires deep excel modelling skills combined with an ability to step back and take a holistic view of the strategic purpose of each model, and how all of the various models fit together and provide value for investors. It will require the foresight to build a lasting business practice to facilitate scalability, enhance information quality and feed into an active asset management strategy.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, they will be a great teacher (of modelling) and be naturally adept at bringing others along with their ideas and policies. He/she will be excellent at time management, not letting the day to day get in the way of meeting project deadlines.
- We are looking for a highly experienced modeller with proven experience of building and operating corporate or asset models.
- Investment/financial experience and an interest in renewable energy is an advantage but not a requirement.
- The ideal candidate will be expert at excel, proficient in VBA and a proven ability to work well with different teams.
- He/she will be highly organised, plan ahead and be comfortable delivering complex projects to tight deadlines.
- They will be passionate about detail, digging into information received and taking accountability for the accuracy and quality of models across the board, i.e. including those not operated by him/herself.
- They will thrive in fast moving and growing business – continually challenging how things are done in the interest of improving the systems, processes and the quality of models.
- A quantitative degree or an MBA is preferred